5.18.2008

how He loves us so.



















"he is jealous for me.
loves like a hurricane
i am a tree
bending beneath the weight of his wind and mercy

when all of a sudden, i am unaware 
of these afflictions eclipsed by glory
and i realize just how beautiful you are
and how great your affections are for me

oh, how he loves us so
oh how he loves us
how, he loves us so...
yeah, he loves us

whoa, how he loves us
whoa, how he loves us
how he loves us so

so we are his portion, and he is our prize
drawn to redemption by the grace in his eyes
if grace is an ocean...we're all sinking

so heaven meets earth like a sloppy wet kiss
and my heart beats violently inside of my chest
and i don't have time to maintain these regrets
when i think about the way...that he loves us..."
--john mark mcmillan
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

if this song doesn't shake you in your boots, or make your heart beat faster, i don't know what will. hear me when i say that it is truthfully the best description i know of our God.  it articulates how i feel for him too, though i cannot comprehend his greatness or grandeur.
he is so very real. 

i wouldn't be going on this trip if he hadn't placed an urge in me. 
a little giddy-up, if you will. and so as i sit and wait in my airline terminal in 13 days, i will hum this song, and it will resonate in my soul because he lives, and is living in me.  



so where might you encounter him?

my heart is heavy tonight. 

with overwhelming love,
suzy 


p.s.-please know that i will update whenever possible from a little internet cafe down the road from my little african dwelling. 

1 comment:

Jeff Kieslich said...

:) heavy hearts. bless you suzy.